Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week 1 down - and I want my MTV!

So, it has almost been a week, and my TV fast is going well. I really don't want my MTV...I just thought that would be a clever title.

The best news - I AM READING AGAIN!!!! Woo Hoo! I've been going through my stacks of Newsweek magazines like CRAZY...ok, so I'm a little behind on the news... but at least I am reading up on what's been happening in the world. Also, I read a book on Saturday. It was total entertainment (The choice, by Nicolas Sparks - not his best work)... but I'm starting out slow. You didn't expect me to start with War & Peace, did you?

I love reading until I fall asleep. And I mean this literally. I read until I just can't keep my little eyes open, and my book or magazine is falling out of my hands onto the bed. Well, sometimes it falls on the floor which totally wakes me up and gives me a few more minutes of reading time until my eyes are once again heavy. Love it. My brain really loves it. I feel smarter already.

I did "celebrate" on the sabbath by watching a bit of TV...well, I watched the Grammy's. A bit disappointing this year I have to say. No real show stoppers. I also watched several episodes of 24 - Season 6. I've finished the first two disks and I'm well on my way to being totally caught up when and if the new season begins. I heard it won't begin until next fall. I'm not sure I can sit and watch a regular showing of 24, with commercials, seeing as I have watched all 6 Seasons on DVD.

So, I encourage you to turn off that TV and pick up a book. It will do your mind some good.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm so proud of you! And now that you can be warm in su casa, i'm sure you'll be more happy to read.

I'm also impressed that you've to Season 6 of 24! it's a great season.

MISSED YOU TODAY AT LUNCH!