Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sicky McSick Sick

Well... the nasty flu bug that seems to be blanketing Oklahoma finally got me. To be honest, I don't think I've been sympathetic enough with friends who have had the flu in the past. Had I only known. I'm pretty much a suck-it-up and keep rolling kind of gal when it comes to illness. However, this one did me in. I was out of work for 5 straight days (I don't think I've ever taken that many days off for illness - EVER)... and then had to take another day when I just couldn't get over the tail end of the stuff! The first two days, I don't even think I knew who I was. After my fever finally broke - which by the way is a pretty gross experience in itself - I felt a lot better, but I was so ridiculously weak. I've never experienced anything like it. It is some bad, bad stuff.

The only bright spot was that I lost 18 pounds in about a week and half. So, I pretty much lost all the extra weight I gained over the holidays... but I'm sure all that will jump right back on as soon as I start eating regularly again! So hey... if you are looking to loose some weight fast - I recommend the flu diet. Very effective.

I'm still a little foggy and haven't quite gotten my appetite back yet, but I am craving some Mexican food today - so that is always a good sign.

So, for all of you out there who have received little or no sympathy from me when you've had the flu...I offer an apology. For the rest of you... get back to work - fakers!

1 comment:

Cara said...

so glad you're better and able to eat lunch with me!


i'm also glad you blog.


AND i'm glad that your label was SICKY MCSICK SICK!