Thursday, January 10, 2008

You gotta start somewhere...Enjoy the randomness.

So...I've thought about creating a blog for some time now. And, now I've done it and can't figure out what to blog about. Maybe I don't have enough to say to even justify the existence of a blog. It is funny that I've thought of a thousand things to blog about when I'm away from my computer...but the second I sit down and get serious about writing...Nothing. Nada. Not one interesting thought comes to mind.

Do you ever wonder if you are an interesting person? I wonder that all that time. I love talking to interesting people. Love engaging in stimulating conversation. Love listening to people with creative thoughts and fresh perspectives. Then I start to think...am I interesting? If I was listening to myself, would I begin to nod off? You'd have to be pretty boring to bore yourself, right?

Last night I decided that TV is killing my brain cells. Seriously. I always said (that was my first mistake...never "always say" anything...it will sneak up and bite you in the booty every time) that I'd never have a TV in my bedroom. I used to LOVE to read for at least an hour before I fell asleep each night. It was just good thinking time. Well, of course I fell into the trap and put a dumb TV in the bedroom. Now, I watch ridiculous shows, channel surf until I fall asleep. I've lost that end of the day quiet time to process my thoughts...and I feel it. I just get fatigued from all the NOISE in my life...yet I'm not disciplined enough to turn some of it off. I mean really, who is in control here? Maybe tonight I'll unplug and move the TV out of my room.

1 comment:

Cara said...

i think you are incredibly interesting.